Thursday, November 26, 2009

Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

Other non muslims think that we have a boring life , that we are opressed and hate our veils and scarfs , I don't think that is right.



I only wear a scarf and that's my choice and I was the one who asked my parents for it , the scarfs are of different colours shapes and styles and I like them a lot . I wear jeans , trousers , blouses , jackets and whatever I want , I just don't waer tights or things that don't cover my body. I colour my hair and wear make up at home , i go out with my friends and we all have fun but we don't have boyfriends . i like reading and listening to Jazz music and I think of myself as a completely normal human being.



I enjoy going to the mosque to pray and reading the Holly Quoran and I love Ramadan .



I only hope that people will understand and respect us more than what I see here or listen to on TV. Peace



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

I'm glad you are happy with your life, but I think that tv and radio refer to the differnce between east and west Islam religion.



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

what is up with the muslim women begging for acceptance on yahoo Q%26amp;A. You must not be very convinced of this freedom you claim otherwise you will not feel the need to convince others of it. I suggest you find out exactly what is it about your gorgeous life that you are not happy with and resolve that. Who cares what others think?



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

So you speak for all Muslim woman? While I suspect most Muslim woman, like you, are brainwashed, I know for a fact, a few are not....so speak for yourself sheeple....or bahhhhhh for yourself.



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

They also think we hate all churches and want to destroy them. I live right across the street from the most popular church in my city. They're popular for the wrong reason, though, and that is the festival. This church held the festival from June 14-June 17. (the 16th I broke my foot when I fell off the ride).



I wear a light spritz of fragrance and use deodorant. I wear very light clothing under my abaya. I love my abaya and my scarves. They're beautiful. They are feminine and you feel like you are holding some secret that others are jealous to know of. The body of a woman is priceless and I refuse to cheapen mine by making it into a display case for testosterone-laden males. It's the nature of men to think that way of women, no matter what, and the more that is covered the more mystery there is. I wish for the older times. I'm 23, but when younger I had a babysitter whose husband loved her so much. He was not abusive or anything like that. But he always said the more a woman has on, the sexier she is and the more respectful she is.



Ignore those who say we're "oppressed". To be honest, when I used to wear that clothing, I felt oppressed in it. Tight jeans that are uncomfortable in the heat. Getting sunburn from showing too much skin. Always having to make sure everything looked just right and worrying about it constantly. Being covered, you can stop worrying and be yourself.



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

very interesting-thanks



i BELIEVE there are many diversities in Muslim women-and it seems some the same as when I held to the religion of what is said to be -but isnt as it leaves out the Messiah Jesus =Judaism. I tried my best to look religiously right and go to synagogue and had respect from fellow Jews, yet I still didnt know the key to life to the creator of the universe-



I had just rules and religious ideas.



and would you consider this from a guy that has been thrown out of my Jewish people because I believed and opened my heart's door to this truth=this is what helped me learn my lessons=the door of your heart-to be your best friend



this helped me=true love-help from above =it will work the door to your heart=Revelation 1:1 chapter 1 verse 1 and chapter 3:19%26amp;20 I love you and knock on your heart door to come in deliver from sin and be your friend, when you ask me in." Jesus words =think of the future too



when its real and in honor-called life and if you are not married for marriage for the future and living in honor till then. "In marriage the bed is undefiled, but the others will be judged." Hebrews 13 in that chapter is also the promise once we let Jesus into our heart "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." verse 5



this is what got me self control=I have had the best of everything in life (I thought) till I came to Jesus and learned the joy of life, in salvation and renewal, praying for you, -and I am just a messenger in Jesus amazing grace (John 3rd chapter) repented of my sins, even one lie and let Jesus in to help and be my friend-and if you wont listen to Jesus-please understand there is nothing I can do to help thee prince. it sure worked for me, =Jesus is the one to comfort you and to give you help to commit in a relationship, in Jesus amazing grace, John 3rd chapter repented of my sins,even one lie, and let Jesus in to be my friend, amen.



praying for you and the best, David



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

Thank you very much. You did a good thing. Where, may I ask, do you live?



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

Wonderful point and I would like to call you friend. The sad situation is there are a lot of Violent Radicals associated with the Muslim Faith so people have problems trusting them. There is the same thing with Christians but I think they are slowly evolving into a more tolerant perspective. I don't trust them either. It seems that religion in general causes much harm and cruelty so I have a fear of any religious organization and it's members. We have witnessed the torture of old women as witches, the infighting and hate between christian groups, and many prejudices. I am frightened of all religions. Many times they show a facade of kindness when they are really just trying to get support for their agendas.



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

I saw a woman the other day that I believe was a Muslim. She had on a scarf and a long brown dress with little ornamentation. Her daughter was dressed in a blouse top that exposed her belly and she had a skirt on. I was shocked as I thought that was a bit on the extreme. Should you not teach as you believe and live it too? Why would this woman allow her child to run around half naked if they believe in covering their women?



You sound superficial in your faith. I do not mean to sound harsh as I do not know you. But, you seem to associate with aspects that do not fit with your faith. You cannot even spell Holy and I always get a different spelling for the Koran. Do not feel bad when I was a young believer in Christ I did many of the same things. In fact I struggle with some to this day.



I do not respect your faith that teaches the destruction of "infidels" does not condemn those that are extreme and seek to harm others. True Christianity is also a separatist religion, but we do not seek the harm of others. We want to win them to God. I will not defend any of the past acts of believers in their zeal. They will be judged for their actions. But, we do not condone extreme actions. Many Churches speak out against bombing abortion clinics and the like. Name one public outcry from the Muslim community for any actions including the bombing in Glasgow.



I do not wish you peace. I wish you a troubled spirit so that you may one day find true peace. I also wish that for any that are not saved and for those that do not follow true Christian doctrine. I include myself in this and my children.



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

nice post. I live in a Islamic country, and can speak 4 languages. University educated, I've also traveled to Canada, China, and the middle east. As far as clothing is concerned, I just wear headscarf ( not mandatory only 1/3rd of females wear it ), shirts , jeans, leather, clothes that people in the west would wear. Many European and western fashions are sold here in boutiques. I go out all the time with friends. Work full time for the government , plus I have a ( small ) small business selling flowers. I am hoping one day to be working for the intelligence service or police. I like to read, study languages, drive fast cars, and moto bikes. I don't hate churches, and have Christian friends. Many families here are religiously mixed between Muslim and Christian.



peace



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

Yep :D



I'm from Iran... well I moved away to study... BUT... I still do all the stuff I did back home... well maybe I got lazy a bit... but its bcz I can't find a good quality beauty salon!



I go to the beauty salon twice every month...



I'd change my hairstyle and eyebrows once every month or two...



I'm still a slave to brand name clothing... :D



I love shopping...



I've got a walk-in closet full of shoes, scarves, n long jackets (manteau)... :D



I haven't gone to parties here... so I don't need them... but back home... I had tons of evening gowns in my closet :D (some think that Muslim women don't wear them or don't even go to parties!)



AND... when I was a teenager... we'd have sleepovers like every week! :D



Me and my bff's would go out (alone) every weekend... n crash at someone's house for the night... after we were done shopping... eating at some new place... and watching a movie :D...



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

Who cares what people think about you do what you want and forget about everyone else. And anyone that judges anyone else are already not worth listening to.



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

:)



I'm a revert to Islam, white-collar professional, single mama. I like jeans and t-shirts, salwar kameez (like pajamas) and also abayas or jilbabs (long loose dresses, very comfy.) I wear hijab because I feel protected from stares in it, (Ya, I'm that beautiful. .. j/k) and also because I CAN.



Unlike most of the younger ladies who have posted their lives, I have no social life, but that's because I'm a single mom, not because I'm Muslim.



I like pizza, ice cream, going to the park, hiking, camping, cooking, reading, and learning. Even before I was Muslim, I despised parties, because I don't like too much noise - it makes me nervous. I would like to travel someday, God willing, probably when my children are older.



Fasting and listening to Quran recitation are very relaxing and rewarding activities to me, and my prayers are my daily tie to my creator.



If there were one thing I would wish for, it would be a community of like-minded individuals. I dream of someday developing residential and commercial property, and building a Muslim-friendly, eco-friendly "village" here in North America.



Getting to know about the life of a muslim woman?

Thank you for such a positive message from a Muslim woman. Far too often we in the West listen to the voice of the media telling us what they think other people is going on in the minds of others, rather than listening to the genuine voices of experience and reason such as yours. Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover