Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pre-employment drug testing?

I was told by my son that he had to undergo drug testing for his job interview. He was required to give his blood, urine, hair, and explose himself for an anal exam. I understand the first three items for drug testing, but I don't understand the anal exam for a drug test. Help! Wha't the reasoning behind an anal exam for a drug test? Aren't the three mentioned items enough? When is enough, ENOUGH? I think this drug testing has gotten out of hand. Is there any valid reason for an anal exam just for a drug test? Why aren't the three other tests enough? I know he doesn't have undergo these tests, but when you need a job as bad as my son needs one, what choice do you have? And, when will "your employer" demands that you undergo an anal exam so you can keep (or get your next job) your job? I mean, "who knows for whom the bells toll". I fear that Americans are losing their human rights just to get a l lousy job!! Isn't this what we are really afraid of after all! This is tyranny!!



Pre-employment drug testing?

story doubtful...



Pre-employment drug testing?

what kind of job was he applying for? for all of my pre-employment drug tests i just had to pee in a cup but that's all for retail......



perhaps they've had issues with people hiding vials of urine or something there



but i think maybe you are exaggerating now that i think about it........



Pre-employment drug testing?

I think he may have been joking in reference to the rectal exam. I've never heard of that one before, except in jest because of the urine, blood and hair tests.



Yes, I agree that drug testing has gotten out of hand. As a conservative Republican, I won't lower myself to allowing one done. If an employer feels that I am under the influence at work, they are free to fire me. Otherwise, leave me alone.



Which is ultimately why I have selected a profession for which I can easily be self-employed.



Pre-employment drug testing?

Unless the job is something like working in a diamond mine and this is a safeguard against smuggling, I can't imagine any reason for a body cavity search! And wtf do these people expect to learn from urine that they aren't already learning from hair and blood? This is crazy.



Pre-employment drug testing?

I'd pretty much say this story is bogus...you are NEVER required to submit blood, urine and hair...and of course the other "test" is this weirdo's fantasy....



Pre-employment drug testing?

i think your son is pulling you leg on this one. In fact a drug test is just peeing in a cup. No company is going to take the responsibility of doing a blood test.



Pre-employment drug testing?

wishful thinking me thinks,anul probes,what next ,tests to see if your an alien from another galaxy?,too many drugs,please sort out reality from sicko fantasy



Pre-employment drug testing?

While I doubt that the Anal Exam had anything to do with the results of the drug test, it may have been performed as part of a search for a hidden clean specimen. I would say that is going beyond what is reasonable. I know of many companies having people strip down and be watched while they give the specimen. However if they have drawn blood, taken urine, and pulled hair out for testing anyone who is hiding a clean urine specimen is going to fail the test anyway if they are dirty, so why the Anal Exam? Unless it was part of a pre-employment physical I can see no possible use for it at all.



You do not say what kind of job your son was going after, however I must assume that it required a high security clearance for the type of testing you said he was subjected to.



Pre-employment drug testing?

I find this hard to believe. Normally a urine specimen is all that is required for a drug screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover