Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am sooo sick & tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

Look, the majority of people would call me white because I have Blonde hair, blue eyes, and i am light skinned. Im of German/ Choctaw Indian decent. Yet my sisters have brown eyes, brown hair with olive complexions. They look hispanic! Why do we have to catagorize ourselves as white, black, yellow, brown. We are all of one race, The Human Race! I hate having to fill out those ethinticity questions. i.e.,-- white, afro-american, native indian, asian, hispanic, latino, etc.. What is the definition of White? All of the others define the country they originated from. Does anybody feel the same?



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

I totally understand you. TOTALLY. I get so frustrated at what the world has come to and how it percieves people that I could just throw something at a window, break it, and scream my heart out. It really pisses me off!! I don't know how many times I have to tell people, COLOR DOESN'T MATTER. It's just like hair color and eye color. Everyones eye color is different, and that's the same way the skin color should be percieved. Eye color isn't much of a deal, so that's my point. In fact, it shouldn't be a deal at all. I'm so sick of everyone fighting, saying "We're better than you" or whatever bull **** they have in their heads at the time. We're all humans for God's sake! Just freakin' chill out and focus on the inside. Sadly, this is how the world is. It percieves people by skin color and looks. Very wrong.



Ok, I'm half Spanish from Spain, and I was always confused about my race, but I now know I'm 100% white, but my ethnicity is HISPANIC. Anything in Europe is going to be labled "white."



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

No



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

yep... i feel the same, this is i always answer "other" to all the questions about ethnicity.



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

Yea, it sucks. But get used to it. Mankind has always found reasons to hate and divide each other. And it always will.



"If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?"



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

I claim that I am Irachee. That is a combination of Irish and Cherokee.



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

I have an aquaintance who said she cannot wait until the day we stop saying, "the first female..." or "first black..." for something. We make too much of a big deal with color and race. In doing so, we further divide Americans. People allow themselves to be clumped into those racial divides and we fight internally. We need to stop asking people what their race is on job applications. If you really need the demographics, you can ask it after a decision is made on their application.



As for ethnic, not racial heritage, I think it's neat where I come from. But that is history and in no way affects how I look at the world and shouldn't affect how others look at me. I'm of Lithuanian, Italian and Scottish? heritage. Yet I am American in the present and that's what I should be identified as.



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

Yes I get pissed about it too! But I know that's the governments way of keeping track of who's where. That's why we all have SS#'s and I heard and I don't know how true it is..........that your SS# depending on what #'s they start with can identify your ethnicity and where live or either where you were born. Mankind has a hidden agenda for everything! If they weren't so paranoid and evil themselves, they wouldn't have to always worry about who's who or what's what! Stankadanks!



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

I agree, to a point,



it's the same way when i don't know someones name I will say that girl witht he vibrant blue eyes,



or the brunette over there.



If i don't know someones name I use the most distinctive charactoristic they have so other



's know who i'm talikng about.



I can't count how many time's I'm clled whity, by my white friends.



and cracker by the mexican ones, it don't bother me if their my friend.



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

never really thought about it, i just check the white box on those surveys. but now that you mention it i guess i would technically be considered a mutt- i'm scottish, cherokee indian, mexican and german. damn what a combination!!



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

It might get pretty boring around here if we all stopped to spread the love........



I am sooo sick %26amp; tired of people using skin color to identify other people?

We feel your pain, but there is nothing you can do about this. The system is designed this way and has been this way for a long time...Good Luck with the Rally on the government !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover